aed – Agency for Economic Cooperation and Development in cooperation with the Austrian Federal Ministry of the Interior (BMI), the Austrian Federal Ministry of Justice (BMJ) and the Italian Interior Ministry – Public Security Department is searching for qualified experts from Montenegro for the position of full-time legal advisor who provides her or his know-how to the above-mentioned EU action grant in Montenegro. The assignment is – at present – foreseen for 8 months.
The overall objective of the Action is to support the Montenegrin authorities to meet the obligations under Chapters 23 and 24 of the EU accession process and to support Montenegro in achieving concrete results in judicial reform and in the fight against corruption and organized crime. To reach this overall objective, the Action implements the following two specific objectives:
– Specific Objective 1 Strengthening the overall efficiency and performance of the judiciary and enhance the capacities of the institutions to fight against corruption and organized crime, including producing a convincing track record on the more complex types of organized crime.
– Specific Objective 2 Strengthening judicial response to organized crime and corruption, through capacity building activities with a focus on certain aspects of adjudication of organized crime and corruption cases and support on case and trial management and identifying procedural bottlenecks that impede swift adjudication of cases and providing support on improving length and efficiency of court procedures.
Interested applicants are invited to examine carefully and comply with all instructions and specifications contained in this call document. Failure to submit an application containing all required information and documentation within the set deadline will lead to the rejection of the application.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and the International Long-Term Police Expert the local advisor will assist the project in the implementation of the long-term project objectives and the daily tasks by undertaking necessary research and drafting and proofreading of various papers and documents on a wide and diverse range of substantive and procedural legal and administrative issues related to the project scope of work. The working language of the project is English.
- REQUIRED EXPERT PROFILE
- University degree in law and/or administrative science
- A minimum of 5 years of post-degree professional experience required
- Previous work experience in the public administration is an asset
- Previous working experience in an international setting is an advantage
- Sound specific experience in drafting legal opinions and analyses, as well as in interpreting legal texts will be considered an asset
- Fluency in Montenegrin
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English
- Highest standards of integrity and experience in handling confidential information
- Very good oral and written communication and presentation skills, sensitive to political environment, excellent analytical skills, pragmatic approach, strong in strategic thinking and operational planning
- Flexibility, strong adaptation skills and capability for team-work in a potentially stressful environment under tight deadlines
- National of Montenegro
- DURATION AND LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Availability must be ensured for the duration of approximately 7 months and high preference will be given to candidates who are able to report to work immediately (as of November 2023). Location of work is Podgorica, Montenegro.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications containing an English CV in EUROPASS format, and a motivation letter must be received until 15 October 2023 17:00 CET at the following email address – mentioning the publication reference EUROPEAID/171012/DD/ACT/ME/LEG in the email header or body:
- SELECTION PROCEDURE
All received applications will be reviewed and a shortlist of those candidates will be produced who will be invited to a personal interview with the Evaluation and Selection Committee consisting of the Team Leader, the International Long-Term Police Expert, and a representative of aed. Following this interview, the Evaluation and Selection Committee will make the final decision on the candidate selection. The selection procedure shall be based on academic education, professional background, relevant work experience and language and social skills, according to the requested qualifications mentioned above. The interview will be organized in the form of an online meeting.